We are seeking a qualified full time Mechanical Fitter / Fitter & Turner with experience in the maintenance of water and wastewater plants, water reticulation systems, and general mechanical equipment.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Fitter / Fitter & Turner (permanent position) to join the team at our head office Wacol. To be considered for this role it is essential that you have a minimum of 3 years’ post trade experience working in this field.
- Installation of Pumps and Pipe work and associated equipment within new and existing Utilities Infrastructure.
- Maintain and repair pumping stations and treatment plants for water and wastewater applications.
- Maintain and repair pressure reducing valves for water reticulation application.
- Perform quality work in an efficient manner whilst following all JPR policies and procedures.
To be considered for the role you must have the following:
- Certificate III Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Maintenance)
- Experience in the water and wastewater industries
- Ability to maintain and diagnose rotating equipment
- Experience in installing and maintaining pumps, valves, treatment plant equipment etc.
- Current white card
- Crane experience (preferred)
- Computer literate an advantage
- Commitment to safety
- Ability to work as part of a team and or take the lead where required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Effective time management.
- HR licence
- Dogman ticket
- Confined space training
- Current HEP A and B, and Tetanus vaccinations.
Who we are:
J&P Richardson Industries Pty Ltd (JPR) is one of Australia’s longest established Electrical Contracting and Engineering firms, offering over 60 years local experience and proven project delivery. This, combined with parent company Vinci Energies’ leading technologies and global expertise, provides a unique platform – extensive local experience and knowledge, with the latest international innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive rates, terms and conditions.
Applications must be submitted and include a comprehensive resume with cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To learn more about J & P Richardson Industries Pty Ltd, please visit www.jpr.com.au.
Only permanent Australian residents need apply.