Fitter & Machinist Trade Instructor
About the opportunity
This position is located in Queanbeyan NSW. We're looking for a qualified and experienced Fitter & Machinist to pass on valuable skills and knowledge to apprentices and junior staff. It may be an opportunity for you to get off the tools or you may be semi-retired, retired looking to get back into the workforce or a VET teacher. Flexibility of part-time, full-time or contract.
Work closely with junior staff to coach and train in mechanical fitting and manual machining skills on a job by job basis involving a variety of machinery and equipment. Transfer your methodical job planning and problem solving skills and other tricks of the trade to produce talented tradesman.
Assist apprentices with their current training program as required.
What's in it for you
You will be joining a supportive, friendly and dedicated team with an avid interest in machinery and how things work.
Young people want purpose, development and coaching while others require upskilling. This is a great opportunity to make a difference. Feel the satisfaction and purpose of being able to pass on your valuable hand skills, technical knowledge and expertise before it's gone.
This role is offered with the flexibility of being either part-time, full-time or the possibility of a contract option.
- Attractive remuneration + super
- Work life balance: Mon - Fri (full-time) or as agreed for part-time
- Uniform and PPE provided
- FREE onsite parking
- Queanbeyan location - all the city benefits without the traffic, hustle & bustle: 2hrs to snow, 2hrs to beach and 3hrs to Sydney; Family friendly city, short travel times - what more could you ask for?
- Qualified Fitter & Machinist eg Cert III in Mechanical Engineering (Fitting & Machining)
- Demonstrated work history within the engineering industry
- The desire to achieve goals and teach/develop others to become an exceptional tradesperson
- Good people skills, patience and be able to build trust with learners
- Drivers licence & own transport
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Great attitude and positive energy
- Post trade Fluid Power qualifications a bonus but not essential
About our Company
Join Canberra's No.1 hydraulic specialists. Working mainly with industrial hydraulics, we have been providing engineering solutions and quality products to the Canberra region for 30 years.
Hydraulic Doctors has a first class reputation for providing exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being a one-stop hydraulic shop and offer the skills of a highly trained and knowledgeable team.
We are the authorised dealer for Palfinger cranes, hookloaders & tailgates, as well as being distributors for a number of major hydraulic brands.
If you have the passion and drive to pass on your valuable trade knowledge and are seeking the chance to make a difference, APPLY NOW.