Cloud 9 Roofing and Guttering based in Sydney's Northern Beaches area is seeking a qualified and experienced Painter for full-time commercial and industrial work for our in-demand active business
Annual salary between $65K to $72 K based upon qualifications and experience
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Must have Certificate 3 in Painting and Decorating OR minimum 5 years industry experience
- Must have experience operating power tools e.g. needle guns, buffers, grinders, sanders, water blasters etc.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of industrial protective coatings e.g. epoxy primers and polyurethane top coats
- Must demonstrate impeccable safety practices
- Valid Driver license & Construction White Card
- Painting license
- You must be Australian Citizen/ Permanent Resident or have proper working rights in Australia
- Be familiar with Greco spray equipment.
- Be able to use high pressure washing equipment.
- Be able to Calculate costs and negotiate prices
Daily Tasks Include:
- Repairing damaged windows and it’s glass
- Cleaning walls, roof and floor to remove old paint or wallpaper
- Filling the damage spots on wall , ceiling or floor and smoothing the surface for paint
- Taking care of the adjacent areas not to drop paint and use sheets to cover them
- Create scaffolding and ladders as per work requirement
- Keeping equipment and work areas clean
- Putting wallpaper with clean edges and corners
- May use different available equipment for paint and varnish
- Using spray equipment (airless and conventional)
- Preparing paints by using and mixing different colours, oils and thinners
- Must have at least 3 years experience using spray equipment applying roof membranes.
- Must have knowledge about roof painting products such as shieldcoat and NU Tech paints.
- Experience using pressure washers is key
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Team Leader
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Working under pressure
The suitable candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.