About the business
Galco Group Pty Ltd is a leading Rail Contracting Company with a client base Australia wide.
About the role
Galco Group Pty Ltd is a rail and earthmoving company providing services all over Australia.
We are seeking an experienced machine operator to join our team. You must have the ability and experience in operating a High Rail Excavator, High Rail Dump Truck and conventional tracked excavator.
We are looking for a safety conscious individuals for upcoming works in Victoria and Interstate.
The plants listed below are what we expect the potential candidate to have experience in operating although training will be provided to the right person:
- High rail excavators wheeled and tracked with various rail attachments
- High rail and non-high rails dumpers
- Tracked excavators from 5T to 45T rail and civil operations
- Front end loader rail operation.
The successful candidate will have the potential to join the team at a full-time capacity after a trial period is completed. We offer a competitive above award rate per hour. You will also be provided with a company car and fuel card. We provide a supportive and friendly team environment.
Top rates will be paid to the right candidate based on relevant experience.
Skills & Experience:
- RIW Card
- 2 + years' experience in rail and maintenance industry
- Relevant and up to date qualifications for operating machinery and working on rail sites.
- Experience with Engcon Tilt Rotation preferred but not essential
- Current drivers licence
- MR + HC Licence beneficial
- Must have the ability to pass Drug and Alcohol testing
- Able to work efficiently as an individual and in a fast-passed team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Safety is paramount in this industry. You must be safety conscious to ensure the protection against hazards and injury of yourself and others.
Benefits and perks
- Modern fleet of Plant & Equipment
- Competitive, above award rate of pay
- Company Car with Fuel Card
- Opportunity to join the team on a Full Time basis
- Top Rates paid to the right candidates based on relevant experience.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this Role you must have:
- RIW Card
- 2 + years experience working in the same capacity
- Relevant and current competencies for operating Plant and working on Rail Projects including TVO-1 for Hi-Rail Operators
- Experience working with Engcon Rotating Tilt hitch is preferred
- Current Drivers licence
- MC & HC licence is beneficial
- MUST have the ability to pass random Drug & Alcohol testing at all times
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a fast paced team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Safety conscious. This work can be high risk, subsequently a knowledge of track protection methods is advantageous, diligence in the field is vital
Please note works are located Victoria and Interstate when required.