$70,000 - $84,999
Right to work in Australia
Effective time management
Excellent communication skills
About the Company
Mood Workshop is a growing, Melbourne-based joinery and fine-furniture workshop with a reputation for fearless problem solving and clever craftsmanship. As we continue to expand, our creative and committed manufacturing team needs a new crew member to boost our joinery capacity.
Established in 2016 by experienced craftsperson and maker Craig Shanahan, Mood Workshop values a fun, collaborative making process and high-quality results across all our projects – whether it’s residential joinery, commercial fit-out, furniture design or bespoke commissions.
We work with Melbourne’s best builders, architects and designers on a diverse range of commercial and residential projects, and have a lot of fun along the way.
About the Role
This role is a great opportunity to work with talented builders and designers on some of Melbourne’s most exciting fit-out and furniture projects.
It’s also a chance to add layers to your current experience and craft a role that suits you within an organisation that values smarts, innovation and proactivity.
You will be based in our workshop/office in Heidelberg-West and receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Day-to-day activities will focus on:
- Preparing estimates using our preferred estimating software, Buildxact (training provided)
- Effectively analysing drawings and specifications
- Scheduling of projects and reporting progress to senior management
- Liaising with subcontractors to ensure they have a full understanding of the required scope of works and program
- Providing financial cost reports, cash flow forecasts, and progress and margin reports to management
- Preparing purchase and work orders and subcontractor agreements
- Monitoring the work and project schedules for the manufacturing team
- Ensuring contract variations are prepared and issued when required
Skills & Experience
- Experience in cabinetry/joinery field in order to best understand labour requirements for tendering (preferred)
- Experience in estimating/job management
- High level of attention to detail, and an ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously
- Accuracy in cost estimation, cost reporting and project controls
- Collaboration and a team spirit
Benefits & Culture
- Opportunity to work with Melbourne’s best builders, architects and designers
- Fun team culture with lots of laughs and social activity
- Generous salary based on level of experience
- Potential to grow the role as the business expands
- Great opportunities to try out new things in an innovative and progressive environment