We are seeking Process Workers for sanding and tumbling resign homewares in our Redfern factory to join our homewares sanding team on a part-time or full-time basis. We provide full training, pay award wages and a six-month probationary period. Good communication skills are required. We are close to public transport. AGE IS NO BARRIER but needs to be fit and healthy and able to stand up for this work.
We manufacture beautiful resin jewellery and homewares of the highest quality.
Hours will be from 8 am – 4 pm weekdays with occasional optional weekend work. Some of our homeware pieces are heavy so we need the successful applicants to be fit, willing and able to manage that and most of the work is standing up. It's also a repetitive and dusty job.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all tasks associated with the sanding of Homewares under the direction of the Production Managers and Supervisors.
- Prioritize work adhering to deadlines on all sanding jobs and special orders, keeping accurate tallies and communicating any foreseeable problems or delays.
- Actively check the quality of all sanded pieces prior to tumbling, notifying the Production Managers of delays that may affect deadlines.
- Assess regularly all sanding and tumbling rejects, salvaging pieces that can be repaired. Rejects are to be boxed and weighed monthly before being discarded and relay details to the Production Managers.
- Notify Production Supervisor (James) of any mould related problems.
- Inform Production Supervisor (James) when supplies are low and need ordering i.e. sandpaper, burr heads, pumps.
- Assist with the daily cleaning of the sanding room, emptying the filter and moppin
- Assist with tumbling keeping accurate tallies and communicating any foreseeable problems or delays.
- Monitor the progress of all tumbling staff informing Production Managers of any problem areas.
- Assist with the homewares moisturizing and tally ensuring the accurate recording of monthly figure.
- Attend and contribute to meetings when required.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety requirements, Studio and Company Policy procedures in the various work areas of the studio.
- Comply with OH&S requirements ensuring correct protection is worn at all times.
- Perform the appropriate stretches as required.
- Assist and respond to any chemical/resin or water spills in a timely and appropriate manor. Report all spills/accidents to the Production Manager.
- Report any first aid or medical injuries to Production or Studio Managers.
- Monitor and maintain quality standards of all products made at every stage of production
- Participate in any other aspects of production and general studio cleaning when and where required
ONLY SERIOUS APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY. LOCAL RESIDENTS PREFERRED.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.