Bachelor’s degree such as Social Work, Psychology or Business
At least 3 years proven senior management
Possess exceptional leadership skills to guide and lead a team
Read the skills & requirements below
About the business
We are an award-winning not-for-profit organisation; Junction Support Services works with individuals and families across north-east Victoria to support them to achieve their full potential. We've been changing lives for over 30 years!
About the role
The newly created role of Disability Services Manager will be instrumental in facilitating the organisation’s transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), while providing hands-on leadership. The role will be responsible to establish and develop the Specialist Disability Services team by pursuing business growth and service provision opportunities under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). This is a “From the ground up” role, a role that you can have complete ownership of to develop, implement and deliver best practice disability services that could be translated into new business opportunities.
As a key contributor to our strategic plan, you will be responsible for the development and integration of a quality and compliant Service Delivery framework, which is to be underpinned by best practice, the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Framework, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission standards.
We are currently undergoing a period of significant growth, and this role is a crucial part of that growth. You will have influence in this role across our organisation and will enjoy working with a diverse variety of stakeholders and the broader business to contribute to decision making and problem solving.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the needs of participants and their families are met by means of effective staff recruitment, training, development and support, particularly with relation to high quality case management practices and community development practices.
- Ensuring programs reflect best practice principles through consistency with regulatory requirements, internal policy and practice requirements and relevant sector standards.
- Continually enhancing the practice of the Disability Services programs through reviewing, monitoring quality and leading innovation and continuous quality improvement.
- Overseeing the financial and administrative management of all Disability Services Programs by seeking new business, monitoring expenditure and assisting with the preparation of submissions for funding.
- Identifying and fostering strategic relationships with key stakeholders, funders, referrers and peak bodies.
- Fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of being an Authorised Program Officer as required by Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree such as Social Work, Psychology or Business
- At least 3 years proven senior management experience within the Disability Sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, service standards and program guidelines as they effect service delivery in disability services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment with the skills to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills to guide and lead a team.