We require a number of Security Officers / Crowd Controllers for an immediate start on the Sunshine Coast for prestige late-night venues and also for events. Both full-time and casual positions are available. Uniform shirt is provided.
Tru Security is a National Security Services company with over 20 years operational history. We employ hundreds of individuals in a number of diverse locations across the state. We specialize in both corporate and event security. Our regulatory requirements include strict adherence to Workplace Health and Safety.
- Patrol Venues (licensed venues) and Events
- Observe and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities
- Controls access to client site or facility through established protocols
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property
- Responds to a variety of incidents
- Prepares logs and reports as required
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Coordinate with authorities when required.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to operate mobile, radio and telephone equipment
- Ability to walk for long periods at a time and climb stairs for certain positions
- Ability to handle all weather conditions
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Active listening skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to situations quickly
- Ability to identify and handle stressful situations
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills in English
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have completed a minimum of a Certificate II in security operations.
- Must hold a current Crowd Control Licence
- Must be trained or be prepared to be trained in the Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Own reliable transport preferred
- Resident in the area with the right to work in Australia.