We are seeking a qualified cook to take on a casual part-time position with opportunity to go permenant and join our friendly team. We are a 97 place child care centre catering for 6 months – 5yr old children. This position is for 4.5-5 hours per day Monday to Friday.
You will be assisting in the creation of weekly seasonal menus that meet the dietary needs of the children at the centre. Meals will consist of breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and late snack. You will also be responsible for the cleaning after each meal and maintaining a hygienic kitchen. If you are passionate about children and cooking we would like to hear from you.
- Food handling qualification
- Able to cook for children with anaphylaxis and allergies
- Previous experience working in a Childcare centre as a cook, or a similar setting such as Aged care is preferable
- Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain) and police check
- Excellent time management
- Great communication skills and a friendly demeanour
- Experience as a cook
- Basic training in safe food handling and hygienic practices (appropriate course)
- Completion of Commercial Cookery basic training course or equivalent (desirable)
- Completion of Nutrition and Menu Planning for Children training (desirable)
Benefits and Rewards:
- Fortnightly pay
- Onsite car park
- Flexible shifts
- Ongoing training and development
- Working with a team of professional but caring educators who have extensive experience and knowledge
- Make a real difference to children's lives.
- Positive & friendly work environment
- Opportunity to create and cook your own food!
- Flexible start date