Hybrid-Ag is a collective group of people who believe that tailoring soil and plant nutrition can make a fundamental difference to the health of humankind. Driven by our shared aspirations, there is always something new to discover and learn.
We partner with growers, agronomists and consumers as well as industry experts from around the world to move the needle on the nutritional integrity of soil and plants, with a vision to transform food quality as we know it today.
We've grown our team from a small batch manufacturer into an industry leader and disruptor, selecting our people as carefully as we select our nutrient materials – finding only the best, of the highest quality, who will make the biggest positive impact for our growers.
- A unique opportunity
Hybrid-Ag is entering a significant expansion phase, and to support the operational requirements of this growth, we are looking for a highly motivated Operations Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will drive operational excellence, lead transformation projects, whilst coaching the team on continuous improvement exercises and operational performance.
You will lead a multifunction team across supply chain, dry and liquid blend production, quality, warehousing and maintenance, to deliver against business objectives, department KPI's and change management goals.
- Unique responsibilities
- Provide leadership, vision and strategy across supply, production, quality, maintenance and warehousing to achieve operational objectives;
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company's production efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated;
- Lead the development of solutions to increase product output, equipment utilisation with optimum product consistency and first-class quality;
- Lead the implementation of lean production thinking, 5S practices and develop a continuous improvement mindset across the team;
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success, empower staff through new challenges and opportunities to grow;
- Consistently promote high standards, personally model, uphold and educate the team on the standards and behaviours expected of them
- Manage the overall production budget expenditure;
- Lead Health, Safety and Environment compliance and standards. Build safety capability and continue eliminating hazards, near misses or LTI.
- Unique skills and knowledge required
- Extensive high-volume production/ manufacturing senior leadership experience is non-negotiable;
- Display an ability to lead and drive continuous improvement;
- Demonstrate a robust background in productivity improvement and driving continuous change activity delivering cost and plant efficiencies;
- Analytical skills in driving optimal production runs and scheduling, wastage and productivity drivers;
- Knowledgeable in quality control systems and certification processes;
- Strong business acumen with the ability to manage costs across operations and capital improvement projects;
- Highly disciplined with a natural drive to set the best in class standards;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully lead change and develop others;
- Sound understanding of Safe work policies and proven ability to drive a safety culture.
- Unique things in it for you
This is a pivotal leadership role with huge scope to make your mark and achieve significant impact. You'll be working for a unique family business with large scale resources combined with fast entrepreneurial decision making pace, and a friendly culture where people feel valued and love to come to work. Where people and professional development power our growth. What else is in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Part of a global business with expansion plans;
- Friendly and supportive team, both at a management and execution level;
- An opportunity to live in the picturesque North East of Victoria!
So if you aspire to achieve great things in your everyday, and would love a role where no two days are the same then this is the role for you.