$50,000 - $59,999
This is a Monday to Friday position
Age is no barrier if experienced
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY
Wayne's Auto Repairs is a family run local mechanical workshop. We love cars and derive genuine joy from fixing problems and putting smiles on our customer's faces. We get to work on an astounding variety of cars, 4WD, trucks and even the occasional trailer or caravan. In the rare moments when things are quiet we also get to work on restoration projects (we're currently bringing a 64 Beetle back to life) and our own drag and track cars. We're serious about what we do - customer service is paramount, and we won't take shortcuts on work quality or safety. If you want to be proud of what you achieve in your day and not just part of the corporate machine we'd love to meet you. We are close to public transport.
Qualifications & experience
- To succeed in this role you'll need to be a trade qualified mechanic.
- Must be trade qualified with at least 2 years post trade.
- Must have australian open manual drivers licence clean.
- Current unrestricted manual driver's license
- Stable work history
- Genuine interest in cars and customer service
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to enhance the skills of our apprentices
- A long term career objective
- Clean and professional presentation
- Your own tools
- Applicants must live in australia. No visa or sponsorship applicants.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Logbook servicing across a wide range of vehicles
- Fault finding and diagnosis
- Brake machining and repairs
- Wheel alignments
- Engaging with customers on fault finding and service reports
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an automotive mechanic?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have demonstrated experience diagnosing & repairing mechanical faults?
- Do you have your own tools relevant to this role?
- Have you completed a qualification in automotive mechanical technology?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.