Provans Timber & Hardware has been a family owned business since 1966 with a long proud history dating back as far as 1903.
We are a leader in the supply of timber and building products to the building trade and DIY retail market.
Our business is widely known for our passion towards the building industry, our commitment to supply quality materials, our delivery service and our investment in staff overall.
A position has recently become available for a full-time person to pick and pull timber orders, restocking of racks, rotating stock, is OHS minded and is someone who has a cheerful attitude towards customer service.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Preparing timber orders
- Serving customers
- Putting stock away
- Unloading and loading of trucks
- Cleaning of the yard
Your skill set, experience and qualifications will include:
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- A capability to undertake physical tasks safely
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute as a team member
- Previous timber & hardware experience is advantageous
- Customer focus
- Knowledge of hardware and building timbers advantageous
- Ability to sell merchandise in a manner that assists the customer
- Ability to converse with a variety of different customers, staff, and managers.
- Some computer literacy may be required in the long term
- Forklift licence – advantageous
- Driver’s Licence – preferred
- First Aid Certificate – advantageous
- HR Licence – advantageous
Why join Provans?
- Provans offers more than just above award wages, we offer genuine opportunities for development and progression.
- If you like to be rewarded for your hard work and be part of a fun team in a high-performance environment, enjoy interacting with customers then we believe this is the role for you.
Please apply online or send your resume and cover letter.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.