Are you a born leader who is motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and looking to manage and lead a team in a growing and successful Plastering & Carpentry trades business? Do you pride yourself on quality workmanship and customer service and want to play a key role in taking the business to the next level? If so, read on!
To be successful in the role, you will be able to demonstrate your ability in the following key criteria:
- Safety focused with a strong understanding of current legislation, best practice and willingness and capability to hold staff and sub-contractors accountable
- Excellent people skills and ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Very strong accountability skills to ensure team performance and standards are upheld at all times
- Highly organised and driven and is consistently reliable, leading from the front
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills being solutions-focused with a common-sense approach
- Confident communicator and ability to effectively liaise with team members and clients
- Minimum 3 years in a managerial (man and project management) capacity experience in a service or trade-based company
- Proven experience, tendency and desire to develop systems and processes and contribute to their improvement
- Competent in using computers and experience in using a cloud-based Job Management System
This position will report to the General Manager and is required to support and manage the business operations for all contracts, projects and clients. The role is responsible for managing all operational functions of the business, all resources such as labour and equipment, client relationships, growing the business through quoting and estimating projects and adherence to business policy and procedures and be directly responsible for:
- Leading the operations team from the front, openly demonstrating and embracing the company culture in all actions, behaviours and communication internally and externally
- Supervision and management of the operations team and any sub-contractors in terms of safety, program, productivity and quality to meet industry and company standards
- Hold all operational staff accountable to performance, safety, quality, cultural standards
- Schedule all jobs to ensure optimum staff utilisation, efficiency, customer service and quality
- Utilise and oversee operational use of the job management system to ensure the full value is being realised
- Ensure that all operations staff embrace all company procedures, protocols and standards – including all administration and reporting requirements
- Issuing progress claims and final invoicing
- Actively seek to develop and grow operations staff to reach their potential
- Being a key leader in the team, supporting the GM and other parts of the business as and when required
- Being a key member in the growth and development of a growing player in the industry
We are an established plastering & carpentry subcontractor focused on the commercial, education and hospitality sectors working for some of Brisbane’s and Australia’s most reputable builders.
We have a team of over 30 tradesmen that all get on well working in a positive friendly environment.
If this opportunity is for you and you would like to work as part of a friendly team, please send your resume with a covering letter outlining clearly why you feel you are the most suitable candidate for this role, by specifically addressing the key criteria above.