About Shane's Trees
Shanes Trees is a forward thinking Arboriculture company. Operating based in the Sutherland Shire of Sydney for over 30 years. We have a safety culture that underpins our reputation for excellence.
Our Crews enjoy a working environment where they are genuinely valued and feel part of our bigger vision. We aim to consistently be the safest and most efficient arborist company with an infectious culture.
Day to day work includes:
- Residential Work
- Local government council works
- Commercial contract work such as street and road clearing
- Property maintenance work on large commercial premises
- Bushfire clean up work
- Storm/Insurance work
- Out of Sydney and Interstate work opportunities
About the role
The Crew positions on offer
We are currently seeking crew members to join our crews in a range of Arborist duties. Working within one or our crews you will be motivated, reliable and willing to embrace new skill sets where required. Your interpersonal and customer relation skills must be of a high standard.
Multiple Crew positions on offer.
You will be involved in all round general Arborist duties which will include some of or all of the following roles:
- EWP operation (advantage but not necessary)
- Hiab operation (advantage but not necessary)
- Truck Driving (Highly regarded)
- Stump Grinding (Will train)
- Chainsaw Operation
- Ground rigging and rope work
- Climbing work (advantage but not necessary)
Your attitude and ability to learn tasks quickly, be forward thinking and assertive when it comes to safety and professionalism will be the key to your success.
Benefits and perks
- Above award wages
- Overtime and weekend is sometimes available. At your discretion.
- All PPE supplied (You must supply your own work boots)
- Industry leading Bandit and Rayco equipment with modern trucks.
- A culture that is described more like a family.
- Encouraging team environment where we are focused on improving not blaming.
- Opportunity for training to expand your skillset.
Applicants must be able to provide copies of relevant certificates. Applicants will be required to undergo a mandatory pre-employment health & drug test.
This role would suit a person with an uplifting attitude and a high work ethic, who demonstrates professionalism and takes pride in their company and their trade. Our culture is one of safety, encouragement, exceptional customer service based results and team work. We are serious about what we do but have time for a laugh and great team dynamic.
Skills and experience
- Operate and maintain plant and machinery and adhere to company requirements
- Perform various tree work such as pruning and removing trees to Australia standard
- Carry out work allocated to company requirements
- Manage and implement WH&S systems on site and implement safe work practices
- Attend and engage in fortnightly staff and WH&S meetings
- Perform consistent work in a safe manner
- Be exceptionally punctual and reliable in your attendance
Skills & experience:
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Confident to make correct decisions when empowered to do so
- A focused & well organised approach to achieve high quality standards
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- White Card
- Drivers License
- Level 2 or 3 in arboriculture (or international equivalent) (Preferable but not necessary)
- MR or HR License (Preferable but not necessary)
- First aid certificate (Preferable but not necessary)
- Power line Awareness Ticket (Preferable but not necessary)
- EWP ticket (Preferable but not necessary)
- Other WH&S experience is highly regarded.