Project Engineer - Structural Steel Shop Drawing Management
Founded in 1994, Elmasry Steel Design and Detailing is the largest steel detailing office in Sydney. Elmasry's wide-ranging experience and capabilities enable us to service clients in numerous sectors including Stadia, Airports, Defence & Social Infrastructure, High Rise, Mining/Oil & Gas and Major Capital Works Infrastructure Projects, just to name a few.
The office has proven to be a leader in the structural steel detailing industry and has designed many complicated projects as well.
The office is equipped with the most sophisticated software and technology. This enables us to complete the largest and most complex projects the industry has to offer. We take pride in our ability, even in the most challenging of our clients' projects, to exceed their expectations.
The company operates from our Bankstown office and we are seeking the services of a talented Project Engineer, across a spectrum of detailing projects, to work with our experienced steel detailers and design engineers to deliver large scale commercial projects.
Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Liaising and working collaboratively with the project team and client.
- Coordinating, planning and delivering specific project deliverables.
- Managing the financial aspect of projects.
- Working with the team to perform cost management including identifying and capturing variations for changes of design, site or scope, along with budget estimating and reporting.
- Scheduling and sequencing the available work and resources.
- Working with designers in coordination, value management and design development.
Some of the core requirements include:
- Experience in commercial building construction in a similar role.
- Exposure to structural steel and site construction.
- Qualified engineering background is preferable.
- Ability to accurately read and understand engineering/design documents.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors with a focus on scheduling, quality and contracts administration.
What's in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified professional, looking to further their skills in an autonomous role but with experienced professionals guiding and supporting them throughout the project lifecycle. This is a permanent full-time role, based in Sydney, with occasional travel expected. You will be joining an organisation with a strong set of company values that are focused on its people and their success, through companywide support.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package. To apply, forward a resume and cover letter.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project engineer?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you have steel fabrication experience?
- Describe what makes you the most suitable candidate for this role
To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter to Applications@elmasry.com.au