Southern Cross Laser and Sheet Metal is a family owned and operated business that has been operating for over 30 years. We specialize in Stainless Steel but over the last 12 months we have seen an increase in Mild Steel and Aluminium work come through our factory. Our business is currently going through a stage of growth and we are looking for an experienced Project Manager/Estimator to join our friendly team.
About The Role
The successful applicant will be dealing with builders and contractors in the building, steel & engineering industries. Close to 50% of this role will be looking after the Tender process from start to finish. Part of this role includes the quoting of general fabrication and coordinating various trades, such as Powder Coating, Machining, Plating etc.
You will need to be technically competent and confident in your ability to build relationships with customers & suppliers alike. The successful applicant will be working closely with our NSW State Manager and will help promote a friendly and industrious environment with a focus on supplying superior customer service to all of our customers. You will need to have a strong work ethic to be successful in this role.
Skills and Proficiency
- Trade background or substantial experience in the Sheet Metal/Steel Industry
- Project Management or Estimating Experience
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work as part of a friendly team
- Experience with the Tender process
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- High effective level of oral and written communication
- Enthusiasm, drive and willingness to get the job done
- Experience with IDRONIC/RAN FAB quoting software
- Ability to call upon your contacts in the building industry when need be